1. Consultation with, training of, and assistance to work organization leadership (managers, supervisors, and union stewards) seeking to manage the troubled employee, enhance the work environment, and improve employee job performance; and outreach/education of employees/ dependents about availability of EA services;
2. Confidential and timely problem identification/assessment services for employee clients with personal concerns that may affect job performance;
3. Use of constructive confrontation, motivation, and short-term intervention with employee clients to address problems that affect job performance;
4. Referral of employee clients for diagnosis, treatment, and assistance, plus case monitoring and follow-up services; organizations, and insurers;
5. Assistance to work organizations in managing provider contracts, and in forming and auditing relations with service providers, managed care organizations, insurers, and other third party payers;
6. Assistance to work organizations to support employee health benefits covering medical/behavioral problems, including but not limited to: alcoholism, drug abuse, and mental/emotional disorders; and
7. Identification of the effects of EA services on the work organization and individual job performance.